Funding is available for local communities to organise events in their local areas to coincide with the ‘Cavan Calling’ homecoming celebration. Events funded under this scheme must take place between June and September 2023.
‘Cavan Calling’, is a homecoming celebration for Cavan’s Diaspora, which takes place from 27th to 30th July 2023. This weekend is an exciting opportunity for Cavan people, those with ancestors from the Breffni County, or those with an affinity for Cavan, to come home for a vibrant celebration of Cavan, its people, its Diaspora, its culture, heritage, sport, music and landscape. An exciting and engaging programme of events is planned, with concerts, fireworks display, street performance, military show, theatre, exhibitions, talks and much more.
The success of this initiative lies in having local communities coming together to plan events that will work best for their area and reach their Diaspora community across the world. This celebration involves everyone from Cavan and beyond. Events will be very much driven by communities as they know their Diaspora best.
This initiative is a chance for people to reach out and rekindle the relationships with the Diaspora and their relations and friends who have a connection to the County and invite them home to Cavan.
This form can only be completed by the Chairperson, Secretary or Treasurer or the group /organisation
Who can apply?
- Applications are welcome from community and voluntary groups and other organisations within County Cavan.
- Applicants may wish to register with Cavan Public Participation Network.
- To register your group contact email@example.com
- Funding will generally be provided in the range of €750 - €1,500 per event. However, events which can clearly demonstrate that they will attract a significant number of overseas visitors, may be awarded funding in excess of €1,500 up to a maximum of €5,000.
- Organisers are encouraged to look within their community to see what resources /talents are available to help bring the whole community together to reach their Diaspora.
- Events must take place in the time period June 2023 to September 2023.
- Applicants are encouraged to hold their event as close to the 27th -30th July 2023 as possible and preference will be given to events that are held that weekend.
- Applicants are requested to promote the ‘Cavan Calling’ Programme of Events that are taking place from the 27-30th July 2023 through their promotional material.
How will applications be assessed?
- All applications will be individually assessed.
- Priority will be given to projects that reach out to the Diaspora ensuring success in bringing people home.
- Final decisions on all applications will be made by the relevant Municipal District.
Who can’t apply?
Applications from the following are not eligible for funding:
- Applications from individuals, commercial organisations and for-profit organisations.
- Applications from national organisations.
- Applications from community organisations based outside County Cavan.
How to Apply
- Please click on the blue "Apply" button to start your application.
- Online applications must be completed by the Chairperson, Secretary or Treasurer of the community group.
- You are advised to start your online application form as soon as possible. You do not have to complete it all in the one go, you can pause and save it in draft format at any time. When you have completed your application form you can then submit it.
- Closing date for receipt of Applications is 21st February 2023 at 5pm.
Acceptance /Payment of Grant
- Successful applicants must sign an Acceptance Contract
- The contract depends on the applicant complying with any Tax Clearance procedures.
- Groups must keep proper records of expenditure to allow Cavan County Council to carry out an audit of their activities.
- Grants will be paid retrospectively upon submission of all paid invoices and proof of payment ie a bank statement to the Community and Enterprise Section, Cavan County Council.
- Grants will be paid directly into the Bank /Credit Union Account of the Organising Committee.