Please note: You will need to create an account prior to starting out the form. If you previously applied for ReStart Grant or ReStart Plus Grant then you can login again with the same login details. An option to reset your password is available if required.
The focus of this scheme is to provide a level of financial support to tourism and hospitality businesses, to purchase or upgrade equipment to provide additional outdoor seating and, therefore, increase their outdoor dining capacity for the summer of 2021. This scheme will financially assist and support independent tourism and hospitality business owners to create outdoor dining experiences in a regulated and accessible manner. Funding under the scheme is only available to existing businesses.
Who is Eligible?
- The scheme is open to attractions, hotels, restaurants, cafes, public houses or other tourism and hospitality business establishments where food is sold for consumption on the premises.
- Those premises that have no commercial rates outstanding to Cavan County Council or have a payment plan in place. (Please note: the commercial rates due eligibility clause is in respect of premises that have paid their rates demand for the period up to 31st December 2019 or a payment plan is in place with Cavan County Council.)
What Items are considered eligible for the scheme.
- Electric heaters
- Plant stands
- Wooden Platform
The tables and chairs or other furniture shall be of robust and stable construction to prevent movement in adverse weather conditions and be agreed with the Council.
Screens/windbreakers must be agreed with the Council and will be subject to the following conditions;
- Screens to be plain, coloured or neutral canvas type, not more than 1 metre high, spanning between or framed by simple metal type posts.
- Screens to be manufactured from flame/fire retardant material.
- Base plates or weighted bases to screening posts must not extend outside the licensed area.
- All screens, posts and bases must be demountable.
- Screens must be sufficiently robust to prevent overturning in adverse weather conditions.
- No advertising apart from the name of the premises to be used on the screens, without the permission of Cavan County Council.
Will I require a Street Furniture Section 254 Licence?
If the outdoor furniture is to be located on a public road/footpath, a Street Furniture Licence is required and an application must be submitted under Section 254 of the Planning & Development Act 2000. The Street Furniture Licence Application must be approved and a Licence issued to the applicant first, and submitted along with the Outdoor Seating & Accessories for Tourism & Hospitality Business Scheme application form in order to apply for the Grant. If the Licence is refused, the applicant will not be eligible for the grant.
Current Public Liability Insurance will be required for licence application with indemnity to Cavan County Council if your application is on a public street / public realm.
The Street Furniture Licence (Section 254) application can be downloaded here
* Please note that fees for Section 254 Licence relating to scheme will be waived for 2021 and reintroduced in 2022.
Questions relating to Section 254 licences should be emailed to: email@example.com or by phone on 049-4378300.
Will I require Planning Permission?
The onus in on the applicant to ensure compliance with planning requirements. Please note that additional provisions may apply in the case of Protected Structures. Cavan County Council Planning Office will provide guidance in respect of any proposed works. Email firstname.lastname@example.org | Telephone 049 4378300
Amount of Grant Available
- The scheme will provide for up to 75% of the ex-VAT cost of equipment purchased/installed with a maximum allowable contribution of up to €4,000 per applicant.
- Expenditure must be incurred between 1st April 2020 and 30th September 2021 and payment will be made to approved applicants on submission of receipts and photography of furniture in situ.
- Failure to have a Section 254 Licence or planning permission where required will result in a delay in grant payment.
Applications for Funding Timeline
The scheme is now open for applications and will close on the 30/9/2021.
Privacy & Data Protection.
or hardcopy from our offices at Cavan County Council, Courthouse, Cavan.
If you require further information regarding our Privacy Statement, you can contact us at email@example.com or write to us at: Data Protection Officer, Cavan County Council, Courthouse, Cavan. Tel: 049 4378300.
Freedom of Information
Applicants should be aware that, under the Freedom of Information Act 2014, information provided by them in this application may be liable to be disclosed. Applicants are asked to consider if any of the information provided by them in their application should not be disclosed because of its confidentiality or commercial sensitivity.
If applicants consider that certain information is not to be disclosed because of its confidentiality or commercial sensitivity, applicants must, when providing such information, clearly identify such information and specify the reasons for its confidentiality or commercial sensitivity. If applicants do not identify information as confidential or commercial sensitive, it is liable to be released in response to a Freedom of Information request without further notice or consultation with the applicant. Cavan County Council will, where possible, consult with the applicant about confidential or commercial sensitive information so identified before making a decision on a request received under Freedom of Information.
Any further information requested on the ‘Outdoor Seating and Accessories for Tourism and Hospitality Scheme’ please contact firstname.lastname@example.org