The main purpose of the Festival & Events Grants Scheme is to provide financial assistance to groups and organisations engaged in festivals or events at a local level.
The emphasis of the scheme is on providing funding for a diverse range of projects thus ensuring that the limited financial resources available are used to the maximum benefit of the community at large.
You can save your application at any time (using the "Save and Quit" button at the bottom right-hand side of the screen) and continue it at a later date.
This form can only be completed by the Chairperson, Secretary or Treasurer or the group /organisation
1. The group must have:
· An acceptable constitution of set of rules governing its membership, operations
· Proper procedures and policies in place
· A Child Protection Policy including a vetting procedure (where activity includes
children and young people under 18)
· A reasonable expectation of continuity.
2. The Freedom of Information Act applies to all records held by Cavan County Council.
3. Documentation to be submitted with the application form:
· A copy of minutes of a meeting held by your group within the past six months
and an up to date bank/post office statement
4. The scheme will not fund:
· Ongoing running costs.
· Servicing of debt repayments.
· Activities where adequate statutory funding is clearly available
5. We will not fund groups that have received a grant towards their festival/event for the
previous three years in succession.
6. Any unspent grant monies must be returned to Cavan County Council.
7. Depending on size of festival/event, the approval of the Planning Authority must be sought.
8. The attached sheet on insurance must be read, understood and accepted as forming
part of the conditions of the grant scheme.
When the grants are being decided, the Municipal District Members will consider the following:
· The number of days the festival/event is running for
· The number & type of applications received per Municipal District Area
Approval and Payment:
Municipal District members will assess applications against these guidelines. The Chief Executive will approve grants after they have been evaluated by the relevant Municipal Districts.
We will only pay the grant to the trustees of the organisation. Payments will be made directly to the bank or financial institution where your group holds an account. We will pay grants in arrears after you produce evidence of expenditure (invoices, bank statements/receipts and brochures/photos of the event/festival). In certain circumstances, we can pay half the grant in advance and the balance upon completion of the event/festival.
If we award a grant to any particular project, it does not mean we are authorising the provision of the project or the carrying out of works.
Cavan County Council may choose to review, change, or cancel this scheme at any time.
The total level of grant will be based on an annual allocation by Cavan County Council. Grants will not normally exceed €1,000 per project, per year. We will try to ensure that funding is distributed equally between the three Municipal District areas. The level of funding is determined on the number and type of applications received in the Municipal District Area.